[feature request] Larger Icon option in the image editor

VulturEMaN
2013-05-24
2014-01-02
  • VulturEMaN
    VulturEMaN
    2013-05-24

There are 3 things holding me back from recommending this to my coworkers for documentation:

1. No "large icon size" option in the image editor. I've got friends running dual monitors at 800x600 cause they're blind as hell, and even at that size they complained about the icons not being as large as SnagIt.
    2. The many draw and textbox icons on the left side are a light, bluish gray. They look disabled to most people I've shared this tool with. Sure, they're not gray like the undo button at the top, but they're close enough to warrant some sort of change.
    3. The tray icon. I get that right-click brings up a menu, but why does left click bring up a menu too? Why not give us some sort of option as to what left click does if you can't think of what to use it for?

Overall your program is awesome and I love it, but old people are old and old is old, and trying to change them off of snagit 8 is already hard enough.

• Any update on this? I am using MAC Retina with Parallels Win 7 with retina resolution. The icons are so tine they are almost not viewable! Other applications generally have resized icons.

Thanks.

Attachments
  • Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2013-05-24

Hi,

Thank you for your thoughts, we really need information like this. We will consider such things in the future, but don't expect much as we have limited resources. (Greenshot is free, snagit costs > $40)

About the tray icon, it's already possible to change the click behavior but we didn't manage to build this option into the GUI. So currently it's only possible via the greenshot.ini, if you want to try this have a look in our FAQ if you don't know where it's located.

Best wishes,
    Robin

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2013-05-24

Just so it's clear, we do plan on adding the setting for the mouse to the GUI. ;-)