Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

feature request: magnifier

frenchy
2011-11-24
2013-01-20
  • frenchy
    frenchy
    2011-11-24

Essential for small pixels;)
    see "FastStone Capture" for more idea (same screen ruler).

sorry for my bad language
    sincerly

• Ruud Boek
    Ruud Boek
    2011-12-13

I totally agree, that is what i find most missing at this moment.
    That feature allows you to select the capture region that is perfect to the pixel.

• ssollinger
    ssollinger
    2012-06-01

Yes please! This would be very useful.
    As an alternative, having a "zoom" option in the editor would also work, then I could take a slightly larger screen shot, zoom into it in the editor and then clip the image to the exact size.

• Anonymous
    2012-08-24

I totally agree, having a zoom option is the only way to do precision grabbing (although rounded edges in Windows make precision screenshots almost impossible.

See attached an example of a zoom while grabbing (from another tool).

Combined with the zoom option in the editor where you can "markup" a section, it would make the product perfect.

• Sorry, logging in with google account messed up my post. Here it is again:

I totally agree, having a zoom option is the only way to do precision grabbing (although rounded edges in Windows make precision screenshots almost impossible. See attached an example of a zoom while grabbing (from another tool).

Combined with the zoom option in the editor where you can "markup" a section, it would make the product perfect.

Regards,

Nika.

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2013-01-07

You can try our zoom for the upcoming Greenshot 1.1 here: http://getgreenshot.org/version-history/
    Be aware, it is in development and will probably have some bugs!!

• Yes, perfect, thanks! :)