Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Default email address when Destination=EMail

hatifnatt
2013-02-11
2013-07-15
  • hatifnatt
    hatifnatt
    2013-02-11

Is it possible to set up default email address for new emails?
    I need scenario like this:
    1) PrtScreen pressed
    2) New mail composing window opens, with filled "To" and "Subject" fields and attached screenshot.
    3) User write something in message body and send message.

Everything is possible now except default setting for "To" field.

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2013-02-11

Hi,

As we still have to add a lot of settings to the GUI without cluttering it up, some settings haven't been made available yet...

You can find the requested settings in the greenshot.ini file, if you really want this. They are well documented in the file, you should be able to find them if you know where the file is stored.

Best to close Greenshot when modifying the file!

Best wishes,
    Robin

• hatifnatt
    hatifnatt
    2013-02-12

I had already (before posting a question) found option like EmailTo in [Office] section, but when I write something like EmailTo=mail@domain.tld no address inserted when mail composing window appears. I thought that because [Office] section work only for MS Office i.e. Outlook. May be I miss option which work with other mail clients, in my situation it's Thunderbird.

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2013-02-12

Sorry, I was assuming Outlook.
    I'll need to check if the MAPI interface, that what is used to open the email, supports this.

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2013-02-12

Should be possible to add this with little effort, but currently this is not possible.

Will add it to 1.1

Best wishes,
    Robin

• hatifnatt
    hatifnatt
    2013-02-12

Thank you very much! Looking forward to the new version! I must say that I'm using Thunderbird in first post, sorry for imprecision.

• hatifnatt
    hatifnatt
    2013-04-06

Thank you very much kind sir :) Seems like MailApiTo work like a charm, exactly what I need!

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2013-04-09

Good to hear, and thank you for the feedback!!!

• Jon
    Jon
    2013-05-13

Hi - where is the Greenshot.ini file? I want to use this for (semi) automated reporting for issues with our hosted applications - I also need the email (SMTP) to default to our support email address. If we can do this, I'll send you a donation.

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2013-07-15

In Greenshot 2.0 the settings for Outlook will be available in the GUI. See attachments (look & feel is subject to change).

Attachments
  • Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2013-07-15

MAPI also!

Attachments