Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Email as inline image instead of attachment?

2012-08-23
2013-01-20
  • John Gormsby
    John Gormsby
    2012-08-23

I've just started using Greenshot and am very impressed.  One thing that bugs me though is that when I output to email (Outlook 2010) the image is included as an attachment.  Is there a way for it to be opened as an image in the body of the email instead?

• Jens Klingen
    Jens Klingen
    2012-08-24

Hi mrgormsby,

Unfortunately, there is not setting for this, currently.
    The quickest workaround for this is to select clipboard as screenshot target and paste it into the e-mail window manually.

We'll have to check whether it is possible to add an option for this. I have created a feature request here to keep track of it:
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3561355&group_id=191585&atid=937975

Best regards and thanks for your feedback,
    Jens

• Robin Krom
    Robin Krom
    2012-09-06

Hi,

Are you using Greenshot 1.0? Than it should work, default when creating a new email the email format is HTML with inline pictures. But if you output to an email which you are already editing, the behavior depends on the email format! Make sure you use HTML if you want inline images. Try to keep away from rich-text…

An option for the behavior should still be added, the feature request Jens created will be kept open.

Best wishes,
    Robin

• Jens Klingen
    Jens Klingen
    2012-09-07

@Robin, cool - thanks for clarification, I did not know about this…

Best regards,
    Jens