greenshot 1.1.7 build 17 (64bit)
- greenshot ignores EXIF-tags available at opened tif-file
- greenshot hides change of mimetype from user -> all exif-tags are lost/deleted
Problem may be an feature :-(( .
- scanner produced tif-file (.tif) with certain file- and exif-tags (file:filetype=tif, file:mimetype=image/tif, exif:xpkeywords="key1 key2")
- exif-tags became manually updated (changed to desired values) with "exiftool"
- tif-file opened for manipulation with greenshot, done (text + arrows added) and saved (not saved as)
- it turned out, that file-tags file:mimetype and file:filetype where changed by greenshot to image/png and png and that exif-tags where deleted.
Further experiments show, that to explicitly save the added text and arrows with filetype=tiff also ignores all at opened file available exif-tags AND deletes them in order to establish an new set of exif-tags (with values, greenshot "decides" on).
Requested behaviour is, that greenshot
- does not hide change of mimetype but asks user if for example EXIF-tags shall/may be deleted/updated by greenshot (best case: displays new set of exif-tags with values)
- does keep at opened file available exif-tags and only adds (does not delete) new ones for its own values (for example exif:software=greenshot).
Please contact me, if further explaination is requested.
To deal with files' meta-information generally greenshot may implement usage of exiftool (http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/).