Install Issue

• I am trying to install Green on Eclipse.  If I try to unzip the download, or use the Software Update feature in Eclipse help, I get the following types of errors:

The filename or extension is too long.

Unable to create directory: C:/Documents and Settings/jlangfeldt/My Documents/eclipse/Green/greenExtract/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.zest.source_1.0.0.v20080115-5308xB5CE899O2A3213573/src/org.eclipse/zest/layouts_1.0.0v20080226/src/org/eclipse/zest/layouts/algorithms/internal

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you,

• Jonathan White
      Jonathan White

Not exactly sure but seems like you are trying to unzip the jar file.  The jar file should be executable on you machine.  Have not downloaded this plug-in yet will get back to you when I have tried it.

• Dan Padgett
      Dan Padgett

The problem is that you installed eclipse in a directory whose pathname is too long - eclipse needs to install certain package dependencies when it installs green, one of which has that path name.  However, Windows has a maximum path length (255 characters I think?), which eclipse can't work around.  You should be able to fix this by moving your eclipse installation to a higher level directory, ie, C:\Program Files.