export problem 0.14.0 (ubuntu)

Help
2008-11-30
2013-05-14
  • David Cheyns
    David Cheyns
    2008-11-30

Hello,

Thanks for the nice and simple program, we are using it regularly. Since the update to ubuntu intrepid, we have problems exporting files. While under a recipe, exporting does not activate anything. The error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/gourmet/reccard.py", line 538, in export_cb
        fn = exportManager.get_export_manager().offer_single_export(self.current_rec,self.prefs,parent=self.window)
    NameError: global name 'exportManager' is not defined

Can anyone help me here?

Best regards,

David

• tom
      tom
      2008-11-30

The version packaged for intrepid is an out-of-date, unstable release. I recommend installing the latest (0.14.2) from SF -- I believe export has already been fixed there.

• David Cheyns
        David Cheyns
        2008-11-30

Sorry, forgot to mention, but I tried the 0.14.2 version, and the error I get when exporting to pdf is:

IGNORING INVALID FILE MODE w

Exporting to gourmet xml works, but exporting to html also fails.

David

• tom
          tom
          2008-11-30

Hmm -- in CVS HEAD I'm reproducing your problem exporting from the recipe card view to PDF and HTML (open recipe, then go file->export recipe). A temporary workaround is to select the recipe in the recipe index view and then select file->export selected recipes. This works.

• tom
            tom
            2008-11-30

• David Cheyns
            David Cheyns
            2008-12-01

Exporting this way seems to work, but the created pdf's are 0 bytes. Did you have the same result, or could you open the pdf afterwards?