Can't Print...

Help
JoeBearPA
2008-12-23
2013-05-14
  • JoeBearPA
    JoeBearPA
    2008-12-23

I love this program, but have to use Krecipie.  When I try to print, save as a PDF, or do a print preview. all I get is a blank page.  The program spits a blank page our of my print, blank page as a PDF, blank page in preview, etc.

I am using a network printer on another machine, on Ubuntu Intrepid, and usiing Gourmet 0.14.0

My printer and computer printer everything else JUST fine... so I don't believe that the issue is my printer, or network.

I also cant save in other formats, NOR backup.

Any help?

Joe, smioreun@ptd.net

• tom
      tom
      2008-12-23

The version you have was an unstable version that unfortunately got packaged up for ubuntu and then released with intrepid. As per their policy, they won't release an update for 6 months.

The issues you're talking about with export and printing are known, already-fixed bugs. Unfortunately Ubuntu users won't see the fixes for 6 months.

It's really not hard to install from source. I encourage you to remove the ubuntu package and download the source packages from here and install.

Gourmet can even import your krecipes files for you.

• JoeBearPA
      JoeBearPA
      2008-12-23

Can you point mt to a resource that could tel me how to install the down load?  Thanks, Joe, smioreun@ptd.net