Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

python Error - Ubuntu Dapper

Help
SimonK
2006-06-21
2013-05-14
  • SimonK
    SimonK
    2006-06-21

Whenever I've tried gourmet I get the following error and I cant track down why. Can anyone help?
    Cheers
    -Si

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/gourmet", line 13, in ?
        from gourmet.OptionParser import *
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gourmet/__init__.py", line 11,
    in ?
        import defaults
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gourmet/defaults.py", line 8,
    in ?
        lang = __import__('defaults_%s'%loc,globals(),locals())
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gourmet/defaults_en_GB.py",
    line 551, in ?
        UNITS = [["bucket" , ["bucket", "buckets", "bckt."]],
    TypeError: list indices must be integers

• tom
      tom
      2006-06-21

That's a typo in the python source code. Can you confirm what version you're using and let me know how you installed it?

• SimonK
      SimonK
      2006-06-21

Well.. firstly I tried a version off a linux format mag as a tarball. That didn't work. So I tried the latest .deb (0.11.2-3)after I installed the right dependencies etc.. I got this error, so I got the stable release, apt-get removed the installed one and installed the 0.8.5.14. Still got the error.

I'm a pretty new Linux user.. maybe I've got some old stuff laying around from my previous attempts that need clearing out? How can I manually clean all the stuff out?

-Si

• tom
        tom
        2006-06-21

If you're getting this same error from all versions, it's almost certainly a case of not properly clearing out the first install (I doubt this bug would have made it into all those packages without more bug reports -- it's a show stopper and a simple typo, so it's easy to fix).  You can look for old Gourmet directories in any of the following places:

/usr/local/python2.3/site-packages/
        /usr/local/python2.4/site-packages/
        /usr/share/gourmet/
        /usr/local/share/gourmet/

Clear them all out and try installing the 0.11.2 .deb from scratch (if you haven't used Gourmet yet, that's the version I'd recommend starting with).

• SimonK
      SimonK
      2006-06-22

Hi,
      Thanks for that! I cleared everything out and all is working now.. ace! Thanks for that. :)

-Si