lost recipes - maybe

Help
Gene Imes
2006-01-13
2013-05-14
  • Gene Imes
    Gene Imes
    2006-01-13

I am using 0.8.5.10 and I made a change to the rating of a recipe in the 'Recipe Index' window from 'Good' to blank and now my Gourmet will not start.

gene@wx:~# gourmet
    /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gourmet/timeEntry.py:72: DeprecationWarning: Class TimeEntry is already GObject-registered; Please note that classes containing any of the attributes __gtype_name__, __gproperties__, or __gsignals__ are now automatically registered.
      gobject.type_register(TimeEntry)
    Segmentation fault

Gourmet will start without the recipe.mk in the .gourmet directory.

I would hate to lose those recipes.

Thanks,

Gene

• ougrad1764
      ougrad1764
      2006-06-12

I'm having a similar issue. While using version 0.8.3.4, I was adding a rating to a recipe (I had about 150 recipes). I then deleted a few recipes and emptied the trash. The program immediately froze up. I quit the program, restarted my computer and received a CX_freeze error window (Sorry I don't have the screenshot from it). The program would start fine if I removed the existing recipes.mk file (it was 571kb) from documents and settings\~\gourmet\ folder. Yet, when I'd put the recipes.mk file back into the folder, the program would freeze again at startup. Next, I saved the recipes.mk file, then deleted the old program version and upgraded to version 0.8.5.14. I replaced the recipes.mk file in  with the old file from the original installation. I now receive the following error log:

--------------

C:\Program Files\Gourmet\library.zip\gourmet\reccard.py:1653: GtkWarning: gtk_combo_box_entry_set_text_column: assertion `entry_box->priv->text_column == -1' failed
      C:\Program Files\Gourmet\library.zip\gourmet\recindex.py:316: GtkWarning: gtk_tree_store_set_value: assertion `VALID_ITER (iter, tree_store)' failed
      sys:1: GtkWarning: gtk_accel_group_disconnect: assertion `GTK_IS_ACCEL_GROUP (accel_group)' failed
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "gourmet\GourmetRecipeManager.pyo", line 1294, in recTreePurgeSelectedRecs
        File "gourmet\GourmetRecipeManager.pyo", line 583, in recTreePurge
        File "gourmet\dialog_extras.pyo", line 1071, in getBoolean
      getBoolean dialog cancelled!
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "Gourmet.pyw", line 33, in ?
        File "gourmet\GourmetRecipeManager.pyo", line 1364, in startGUI
        File "gourmet\GourmetRecipeManager.pyo", line 111, in __init__
        File "gourmet\GourmetRecipeManager.pyo", line 414, in init_recipes
        File "gourmet\shopgui.pyo", line 26, in __init__
        File "gourmet\shopgui.pyo", line 539, in grabIngsFromRecs
        File "gourmet\recipeManager.pyo", line 49, in __init__
        File "gourmet\shopping.pyo", line 46, in __init__
        File "gourmet\recipeManager.pyo", line 58, in init_orgdic
        File "gourmet\backends\rdatabase.pyo", line 777, in items
        File "pickle.pyo", line 1394, in loads
        File "pickle.pyo", line 872, in load
        File "pickle.pyo", line 905, in load_persid
      AttributeError: Unpickler instance has no attribute 'persistent_load'

--------------

As before, the program starts up fine if I remove the original recipes.mk file.

Any suggestions? I'd also hate to lose all my recipes!

• tom
        tom
        2006-06-12

Not sure what's going on -- debugging and playing with this stuff is very hard on windows w/ the "frozen" installations, unfortunatley. If you post the recipes.mk files in question (or e-mail them to me), I can see if I can't rescue the recipes involved.

• tom
      tom
      2006-06-12

Just a note to say I was able to rescue ougrad's recipes -- there seems to have been some corruption of the DB file as some of the recipes have funky values in their midst, but I was able to e-mail him back a mostly-sane XML file with the recipe data.

I had to make a few tweaks to make Gourmet process the corrupt data file which I'll try to work into the main head's sourcecode so that future users can rescue this kind of file if need be (I worked from the version he'd used to generate the file as a starting point). I'll also add the little script I wrote to the tools/ directory of source -- that script just grabs the gourmet database and exports to an XML file -- no interface needed.

Until I get that stuff worked into the main code -- this is a note to say just e-mail me if you have corrupt data that needs rescued and I'll see what I can do!