Fraction symbol Font Size

Help
Slickness
2008-12-12
2013-05-14
  • Slickness
    Slickness
    2008-12-12

Excuse my newbiness,but I was wondering if there was a way for the font in  the "Amt" column and on the recipe card to either be increased in size or allow entry of text such as "1/4" instead of the fraction symbol "¼ ".I find the fraction symbols too small and difficult to make out.

I can see that you can do it manually,but you have to click and edit it EVERY time you enter a fraction.

Im using Gourmet 0.13.8 on Linux Mint.

Thank you

• tom
      tom
      2008-12-12

I'm not sure what you mean by "do it manually" -- you shouldn't be able to change the display of a fraction in Gourmet by typing (that's because all fractions should be displayed in the same way -- Gourmet stores a number, such as 0.25, and then displays the fraction appropriately).

Gourmet has a mechanism to turn fractions on and off, but it doesn't currently have a preference to turn fancy unicode fractions off (that's what's bothering you).

A workaround/hack that you could try would be to open up convert.py in your installation and change the value of FRACTIONS_NORMAL to be the same as the value of FRACTIONS_ASCII (-1). This might just work (it's an ugly hack, so no guarantees).

• Slickness
      Slickness
      2008-12-13

Hmm, I changed FRACTIONS_NORMAL to -1  in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gourmet, which is where I assume is the correct file,but it didn't seem to do anything.

• tom
        tom
        2008-12-13

Yeah, there was a bug in db.py that meant it wouldn't respect this setting.

I just fixed that bug, so now you could theoretically run from CVS and this hack would work.