Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

GM convert command draw text Chinese is mess

Help
2011-12-30
2013-03-27
  • georgexiang
    georgexiang
    2011-12-30

I use  this

gm convert -font C:\Windows\Fonts\simsun.ttc -fill red -pointsize 18 -draw "text 0,80 '我们一起'"     -encoding gb2312     D:/testimg/test.gif   D:/testimg/convert.gif

to draw a chinese, the result the chinese is mess,how can i do with this ? pls help me ,thanks a lot.
    Here is the converted image  

• Due to a geographic accident of my birth, I am likely much less helpful than I should be. :-)

The first thing to try is to re-order your options in left to right order in the order they need to be used.  For example:

gm convert D:/testimg/test.gif -encoding gb2312 -fill red -pointsize 18 -font C:\Windows\Fonts\simsun.ttc -draw "text 0,80 '我们一起'" D:/testimg/convert.gif

The reason why ordering may be important is that your -encoding request currently comes after the point where it is used.  It is used in -draw so make sure that it comes before -draw.

Bob

• georgexiang
    georgexiang
    2011-12-31

Thanks Bob.
         I  change the order of options  as you  suggested,the converted image is still mess.
    I see the   draw Russian text problem,is my question the same reason with that proble? Is there another way to draw a chinese text on image use GrophicsMagick?

George

• The problems that the Russian user faced are likely similar except that Chinese has much larger character sets than Russian does.  He did achieve success using UTF-8 encoding.  I really don't know much about these encodings except that I know the encoding is passed to the FreeType library and that there needs to be a translation to a glyph in the font definition file.

• georgexiang
    georgexiang
    2011-12-31

Thanks Bob.
    I  use another way to solve this problem, I see the ImageMagic handle Chinese , then i use the same way to draw a text on image,it works fine.

George

• mindon
    mindon
    2012-09-13

facing the same issue

ImageMagic works fine:

convert " "mindon.png" "-encoding" "Unicode" "-font" "simhei" "-draw" "gravity south text 0,0 \"麥盾\"" "result.png"

but not GraphicsMagick:

gm "convert" "mindon.png" "-encoding" "Unicode" "-font" "simhei" "-draw" "gravity south text 0,0 \"麥盾\"" "result.png"

• In order to work, the font file actually used would need to support the specified encoding.  Although -font simhei was specified, perhaps some other font file was actually used (due to substitution).  How did you assure that the correct font file was used?