I am very excited to be adding my addon into the main source code... You
will need to have:
*pyexiv2 , * installed before you can do anything with this plugin...
The reason for the different names is to distinguish the difference between
1) Image Metadata/ bottom bar...
2) Edit Image Exif Metadata/ sidebar
>From this point on, I will be speaking about #2...
* Display/ Edit areas
* Copy exif metadata from Display Area into Edit area
* Display Area
*** Key -- Description of the type of Exif Metadata KeyTag 
*** Value -- actual Exif metadata value for that key
* Edit Fields:
*** Artist/ Author
*** Date/ Time (Original)
Select date-- click a date from a pop-up Calendar window...
*** Convert GPS
1) From Degrees, Minutes, Seconds into Decimal
2) from Decimal into Degrees, Minutes, Seconds
*** Latitude/ Longitude
* GPS Coordinates can be retrieved from here: GPSVisualizer 
*** Copy -- copies metadata from display area into edit area...
*** Clear -- erases the metadata from the Edit area...
*** Help -- will pop up a Wiki help page from the Gramps website
*** Save -- saves the information from the Edit area into the image...
* will save fresh new data if there is none inside the image...
There are two additional features available if you have these two software
1) ImageMagick's convert command -- 
2) jhead 
1) Convert and Delete buttons...
a) Convert-- will allow you to convert a non-jpeg image into a jpeg
*** Warning: this will also delete the original image after it
converts the image ***
* Example: *.png into a *.jpeg image
b) Delete -- removes all Image Exif metadata from an image
*** Warning: will completely remove ALL exif metadata including
keytags that are not
available with the edit fields shown here...
* jhead -- helps to initialize an image once you have Deleted all Exif
*** will only handle *.jpeg images
installed on your system...
I will be adding a wiki Help page for this addon here within the next few
days and I will post back here once the help page is completed!
Please write back here if you find any bugs, ideas, and comments...
Rob G. Healey
"Always surround yourself with people that inspire you to