From: Don Allingham <dallingham@us...> - 2002-09-20 13:23:29
I've updated the family screenshot located at
http://donaldallingham.home.attbi.com/g2. It does not show multiple
families yet (I have it working, just I haven't modified the example to
show it yet).
I don't think I'm going to be able to use the Add, Edit, and Delete
buttons in the toolbar on this view. I can't seem to follow the focus.
Some components always appear to be focused (like the selected element
in a list), and others never do (non-editable text window).
The options for editing are:
1) Buttons (which the screenshot shows)
2) Right-click context sensitive menus
3) Some combination of the two.
Buttons are the easiest for the novice to handle, but the menus are by
far more powerful. For this reason, I'm kind of leaning towards #3. My
current idea is:
1) Edit Active person - double click on active person
2) Make selected spouse the active person - use the "<>" button
1) Edit current relationship with selected spouse - double click on
the spouse or context menu
2) Add/delete new relationship - use + or - buttons or context menu
3) Edit current spouse's information - context menu
4) Make the current spouse the preferred spouse - context menu
Parents (both active person and selected spouse)
1) Make the parents the active person/selected spouse - arrow button or
2) Add/delete parents - use + or - buttons or context menu
3) Edit Father - context menu
4) Edit Mother - context menu
5) Not sure what a double click here should do