The Gramps team releases version 4.1.0, the “Name go in book“.
This is a new major release.
Don’t upgrade before verifying your system can run it.
New features on 4.1.x branch:
* GEP 006: Better Place handling
* New Tags support on Event, Place, Repository, Source, and Citation
* Source/Citation Data becomes Attributes
* Add optional support for checksum on Media object
* New place hierarchies model
* By default, you can choose navigator modes with a drop down.
* New Place editor
* Enhanced MediaReference Editor
* Some debug tools move to new gramplets
* Full Python 3 support
* New functions and widgets related to Place and Media selections
* Enhancements on to_struct()
* New methods on Date handlers
* Better support on translation for inflection rules
See the Changelog for more details.
You can get Gramps 4.1.0 from the download page.
We thank you to all who participated.