Yes, some days after 3.4.4 is OK for me.
I do not know how many translators will commit updates before Friday?
It was too late for updating Spanish and Polish translations on 3.4.x...
Maybe to wait after the week-end for 4.0 release?
--- En date de : Mer 15.5.13, Benny Malengier <email@example.com> a écrit :
De: Benny Malengier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
À: "Jérôme" <email@example.com>, "Brian Matherly" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: "Gramps Development List" <email@example.com>Date: Mercredi 15 mai 2013, 10h28
For 4.0.0, here a design for a release message. When do you plan 4.0.0, I see on bug list you mention Friday somewhere?
2. Linux: We expect Linux packages for different distributions. Gramps 4.0 will only work on distributions released since October 2012, use virtualbox for older distributions. Some optional dependencies are not available yet on most distribution at the time of release. If you want those, you need to install them from source, see Ubuntu derivatives walkthrough in the installation guide for these . Specifically for Ubuntu derivatives spell checking, geography view and exiv image data require installation of source components.Version 4.0.0, the "The Miracle of Birth, has been released. This is a major release, don't upgrade before verifying your system can run it.
As one of the very first big ($5.4 million ), multi-platform (Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, ...), non-Gnome GTK applications, Gramps makes the jump to GTK 3. At the same time python 2.7 and python 3 are supported, though the last must still be considered experimental. Gramps 4.0 further uses distutils for distribution, so the install sequence is changed.
The Gramps developers have tried to make Gramps 4.0 as identical as possible to 3.4, so no data changes are done, nor are there big interface changes. In other words, a .gramps backup file of version 4.0 will open without problems in Grarmps 3.4, giving users the possibility to fully try Gramps 4.0.
Don't be mistaken though, a huge amount of code is new and changed! In order to bring this release we thank the many developers who helped the GTK support on Mac, Windows and Linux forward. Note however, Gramps 4.0 will only work on a top of a very recent sortware stack. A Windows installer will probably not be available soon. In Linux current distro's don't contain the optional packages in the form Gramps 4.0 needs. All this should make clear you can safely keep using version 3.4 and wait for packagers to catch up. People who cannot upgrade the required components but want to use Gramps 4.0 should use it in Virtualbox 
Before you upgrade, make sure your family tree data is secure. The best way to do this is:
Start Gramps 3.4
Open your family tree
Export the family tree to the gramps xml format or the gramps xml package
format (which includes your photographs and other media files
associated with your family tree data). Export your tree via menu Family Trees->Backup....
Close this family tree and repeat the above steps for any other family trees you have
Keep the resulting file(s) in a safe place
Overview of big changes
* Conversion to GTK 3 and use of gobject introspection 
* Support for python 3 
* Code reorganization 
* Autotools is no longer used for building Gramps, distutils is used 
* Completely reworked localization handling
Overview of visible changes
See screenshots on 
* The Gramplet view has been renamed Dashboard. This to avoid an overload
of the word Gramplet, and to make it more clear to new users what can be
expected in this view
* GTK 3 uses new themes, so users not on Gnome must set a nice GTK 3 theme to fully appreciate Gramps 4.0. Install a GTK 3 theme and set it. If Gramps looks ugly, you made an error in this step.
* Different sidebar navigators can be installed
* New Ancestor Fan Chart View and Descendant Fan Chart View, which offer a lot of insight in your family tree on a small space. Direct printing is available from these views.
* All wizards are reworked, so the exporter dialog, help and bug report dialog are different from version 3.4, but offer the same functions
* New To Do Gramplets listing all To Do Notes
* More reports support output in a different language than the interface language
* Narrative Web has been reworked to make it more stable.
1. OS X: Mac OS X will see an official installer shortly after release with all components
3. Windows: Much work has been done the last months to obtain the stack needed for Gramps on Windows. At the moment only a rough guide on source installation is present . We hope this will allow windows developers to construct an AIO installer as for the 3.4 version