When I tried a later trunk SVN, I got errors:
1969: ERROR: grampsgui.py: line 347: Gramps failed to start.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program\grampstrunk\gui\grampsgui.py", line 327, in __startgramps
Gramps(argparser)
File "C:\Program\grampstrunk\gui\grampsgui.py", line 240, in __init__
from viewmanager import ViewManager
File "C:\Program\grampstrunk\gui\viewmanager.py", line 58, in <module>
from cli.grampscli import CLIManager
File "C:\Program\grampstrunk\cli\grampscli.py", line 56, in <module>
from Utils import get_researcher
File "C:\Program\grampstrunk\Utils.py", line 50, in <module>
from const import TEMP_DIR, USER_HOME, WINDOWS
ImportError: cannot import name WINDOWS


/Peter


> Hi,
>
> I have a windows box with Python 2.6.2 (r262:71605, Apr 14 2009, 22:40:02)
> [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
> and a gramps trunk version 3.2.0-0.SVN12762M
>
> I also have 2.5.1 on that box.
>
> I created a empty database and imported it with:
> 2.5.1 took about 3 minutes
> 2.6.2 took about one hour.
>
> Tried to run "Tools -> Database Processing -> Fix Capitalization of
> Family Names"
> After 50 minutes I had to kill it with 2.6.2. I killed the 2.5.1 version
> after 20 minutes.
>
> When I tested in my Liuix box with 2.6.1 and svn13257 I had to run the tool
> 10 times before all surnames were converted.
>
> /Peter
>
> > This may be a bsddb bug, but I've now confirmed the behavior on the
> > following two different computer systems and they don't have much in
> > common:
> >
> > Machine 1:
> >
> > Python version: 2.6 (r26:66714, Jun 8 2009, 16:07:26)
> > [GCC 4.4.0 20090506 (Red Hat 4.4.0-4)]
> > BSDDB version: 4.7.3
> > Gramps version: 3.2.0-0.SVN13094M
> > LANG: C
> > OS: Linux
> > Distribution: 2.6.29.6-217.2.3.fc11.i586
> >
> > Machine 2:
> >
> > Python version: 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Sep 30 2008, 15:41:38)
> > [GCC 4.3.2 20080917 (Red Hat 4.3.2-4)]
> > BSDDB version: 4.4.5.3
> > Gramps version: 3.2.0-0.SVN13263
> > LANG: C
> > OS: Linux
> > Distribution: 2.6.27.24-170.2.68.fc10.i686
> >
> > If someone wants to test this, here is one way (not the fastest):
> >
> > 1. download http://www.genealogyforum.com/gedcom/gedcom2a/gedr2090.zip
> > 2. load the BUELL001.GED into an empty database
> > 3. run the Tools -> Database Processing -> Fix Capitalization of
> > Family Names (if you are running a Python prior to 2.6, you'll need
> > "from __future__ import with_statement" at the top of
> > src/plugins/tools/ChangeNames.py)
> > 4. Select all names, and apply changes
> > 5. If there are any names that are still all caps, then it skipped them
> >
> > I'd be very interested to see if this works on Python 2.6.2. We may
> > need a work around in any event.
> >
> > -Doug
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>--- Come build with us! The BlackBerry&reg; Developer Conference in SF, CA
> is the only developer event you need to attend this year. Jumpstart your
> developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market and stay
> ahead of the curve. Join us from November 9&#45;12, 2009. Register now&#33;
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconf
> _______________________________________________
> Gramps-devel mailing list
> Gramps-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel


--
Peter Landgren
Talken Hagen
671 94 BRUNSKOG
0570-530 21
070-635 4719
peter.talken@telia.com
Skype: pgl4820.2