Routing
Sergey K
2010-06-19
2013-05-29
  • Sergey K
    Sergey K
    2010-06-19

Hi all,

I've created Russian voice version of navigation instructions and appropriate syntax.cfg file. Tried to upload them as artifact in patches but size is too large. =(
    So I've upload it to a hosting and now they available as the following:
    http://gdezit.ru/sound-ru.tgz (all the files: mp3, amr, wav, size 2.1Mb)
    http://gdezit.ru/sound-ru-nowav.tgz (only mp3 and amr, size 800Kb)

The sounds created by festival.

Could somebody please check and include the files into application? Or should I better to split them to few files and upload as artifact? 

Thank you!

• sk750
    sk750
    2010-06-20

Hmm…it would be nice to have the different language sounds at the patches section so people find examples there how it works. Probably it's possible to split the sound-ru files in a similiar way as the sound-fi files and upload them as one patches artefact? Anyway I had a quick look and there are left_turn and left sounds in the archive but it seems your syntax.cfg never references to left_turn so it will never be included into the midlet / played.

• Sergey K
    Sergey K
    2010-06-24

Yes, sorry, there are actually some extra files I need to remove.
    Anyway, it seems I also need to reencode all the files at lower bitrate, to get few numbers of artefacts for patch. Will keep you informed

• dimmer123
    dimmer123
    2011-01-29

Hi, I'm doing my own translation into russian. I don't understand what  AREA_CROSS and AREA_CROSSED mean? Could smb explain it to me or show а place on the osm map which triggers these commands.

• dimmer123
    dimmer123
    2011-01-29

Thank you, I got it. As far as I understand these commands are used only for foot routing.

• sk750
    sk750
    2011-01-29

Well, I've experienced this even during motorcar routing with a highway=service tagged as an area.

• dimmer123
    dimmer123
    2011-01-29

According to wiki  it is not allowed to use highway=service for areas.

• sk750
    sk750
    2011-01-29

I  know. But if someone tags some routeable way type as area GpsMid won't complain and use the CROSS_AREA command for routing.