This is in comment for the tracker too, as I could not add it there -
I think that was a really good suggestion put forward that would take
GpsMid a major useful step ahead for many more users (like myself)
experiencing this need when making recurring multiple deliveries/
visits or planning for a tourist tour ahead -
1. I'll suggest it would be totally sufficient for most users to begin
with having the basic functionallity available earlier by having the
flexible possibility to order the way point index routing by manual
configuration, most uswers will know and need to set the route
order manually - as commented:
" * after the user has selected the way points and selected "as destination",
present an ordered list of selected way points in which the user can shuffle
way points up&down"
2. Alternatively depending on which UI-controls are available and best
suited for less advanced phones ? - insert a new way point in-between
the existing ones in the ordered index, like 'Insert After'
3. To decrease the need to shuffle up and down in index, as users would
typically enter way points in the order they will be visited,
the menu item: Way points - 'Sorting' -> 'Oldest first'
is already conveniently there to be used.
4. In my practical experience, individual way points in the (loaded)
'standard' route needs to be disabled/enabled by the user at any
time (without actually being removed from the 'standard' list of
5. Also, no manual confirmation for the next route leg to be activated
should be needed after arrival as there is no time for it in many
6. Then as common practice the configured series of way points could
be saved as collections for 'Named Routes' including the present
set state of disabled/enabled way points to be retrieved later as
needed. (then sharing of routes will be possible too)