BlackBerry Bold 9000

2011-03-10
2013-05-29
  • Rene Schrock
    Rene Schrock
    2011-03-10

GpsMid 0.7.1 runs fine on BlackBerry Bold 9000

Blackberry version is 5.0.0.1049 (Platform 5.2.0.92)

A converted map with Osm2GpsMid-0.7.1 stored on SD card with a size of 47,4 MB works perfectly.

After installing the jar from sdcard, permissions habe to be adjusted or each time the GpsMid is started, you habe to confirm the security warning:

The only annoying thing is, that the backlight turns of after the configured time in the BlackBerry system settings (max. 2 Min).

• M5st
    M5st
    2011-03-11

The only annoying thing is, that the backlight turns of after the configured time in the BlackBerry system settings (max. 2 Min).

With setup/display options/Backlight options you can set gpsmid to keep the backlight on. I don't know if Blackberry supports one of the possible APIs.

• Rene Schrock
    Rene Schrock
    2011-03-11

With setup/display options/Backlight options you can set gpsmid to keep the backlight on. I don't know if Blackberry supports one of the possible APIs.

The backlight related settings under setup/display do not have any effect on BlackBerry. Most likely the API for Blackberry backlight in not implemented yet.

• sk750
    sk750
    2011-03-11

I did some research about the blackberry backlight api, seems there is one but it'll require the midlet to be signed with a blackberry certificate to work. The good news is, that the certificate seems to be free, the bad news is, that it would require a credit card number to get it.

Would be best anyway if somebody with a blackbery could implement the backlight option for this device, ideally analogous to minsiemapi and minsamsapi for Siemens/Samsung.

Also there seem to be extra tools for blackberry to keep the backlight on, though it would be nicer of course to have the feature integrated directly in GpsMid.

• Rene Schrock
    Rene Schrock
    2011-03-11

Also there seem to be extra tools for blackberry to keep the backlight on, though it would be nicer of course to have the feature integrated directly in GpsMid.

I found a tool to keep the backlight on:

http://www.tateu.net/software/

The GPL Source is also available, so perhaps it helps the developpers.

I have installed BBLight 1.95 on my BlackBerry 9000 and it works.

I'm not a software developper, but I think there is no need to sign the application. The best proof is GsmMid itself.
    The only thing to do is to confirm the security warning once, when the application is installed.

• Jozef Riha
    Jozef Riha
    2012-02-06

free BB keys for certification: https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/ - i do not see obligation to enter a credit card number here