Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

some inner forests are not displayed

Help
fireball4
2012-02-26
2013-05-29
  • fireball4
    fireball4
    2012-02-26

Hello,

with the actual style-file I cant see some landuse=forest areas, defined as multipolygon and role=inner, e.g. this one. Maybe it has something to do with the line "<force_to layer = "-2"/>" for landuse=forest within the style file. All (bigger) landuse areas have the same line, but forest will calculated first because it's the first entry within the landuse section in the style-file. So later landuse entries like meadow will overlay the (inner) forest?!? For that reason every landuse area at the same place will overlay that forest like in my example.

Hower I cant see an error with in the OSM data, because the forest is correct cut out using multipolygons. When I delete the line "<force_to layer = "-2"/>" within the landuse=forest section or set it to "-1", then my example will be displayed fine, but other objects get lost.
    E.g. here I lose the meadow, because landuse=forest lies now above the layer landuse=meadow.

So my question is, how can I display "inner" forests without losing other objects, can GPSMID handle inner multipolygons correct?

• Jyrki Kuoppala
    Jyrki Kuoppala
    2012-03-13

One possible solution (which should work for many cases, but probably not for all) for this would be to change the order of rendering so that drawing would happen from largest area to smallest area. This has been discussed earlier, and I think it shouldn't be too complicated to do in Osm2GpsMid.