Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
Release candidate for release after the 0.8 is available. Planned release consists of J2ME and Android versions.
This is a release candidate for a bug fix release with some new features. Map format won't change from 0.8.
The release candidate is named 0.8.00 and can be downloaded from the nightly page at http://gpsmid.sourceforge.net/nightlies/#rc
WHATSNEW since 0.8 is quoted below.
*** Map Display ***
- some support for on-the web raster map form; if a valid raster map url
is configured and raster background map option is on, the raster map
is shown as background to the normal vector map. Options for switching
areas & buildings off if background raster map is shown.
The map format is known also as TMS; although in strict terms it's not
TMS, as tile numbering in the de facto standard tile servers is different
than what's specified in TMS.
There's some simple in-memory caching for J2ME and file caching to sdcard
on Android (no file cache for J2ME yet).
*** OSM Editing ***
- possibility to open area for editing OSM data in web browser, default editor is
currently Potlatch in openstreetmap.org
*** Various bug fixes ***
- bugfix for trace icon menu crash on non-touch phones with no internet access
(full-connected with internet access switched off in GpsMid menu, non-connected versions)
*** Barrier support off by default***
- Removing route connections because of barriers is disabled by default for now,
as in some regions too many POIs becoming unreachable because of barriers before the
destination way. Barrier support can be switchen on with the .properties option useBarriers.
*** Android Support ***
- back key to exit from camera preview no longer crashes GpsMid
- unintentional back key exit prevented also in OSM Poi entry and maybe other places
- camera rotation should now be correct
*** Osm2GpsMid / Osm2GpsMid GUI ***
- add .properties option for honoring barriers, useBarriers
Explanation to the somewhat cryptic "after-0.8" is that it's not clear yet if this will be 0.8.1 or 0.8.2. It's possible we might be doing 0.8.1 first with just the barrier change and the trace icon menu bugfix, and then have this as 0.8.2, or maybe this'll be 0.8.1.