Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Wiki is back

2009-09-08
2013-05-29
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • A. P. Monkey
    A. P. Monkey
    2009-09-08

Hello everyone,

we are happy to say that the Wiki is back ( http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/gpsmid ) and that we now have a proper place to add documentation again. The old content was copied over and nothing should have been lost. The new wiki is now a mediawiki installation, which should be slightly more powerful than the old one so more options to make it look pretty. Unfortunately this also means that the syntax has changed slightly and as the old source was copied one-to-one, it occasionally still looks a bit broken and needs fixing up. So please help out improving the wiki.

One very big and annoying caveat though is the fact the sourceforge does not allow anonymous  editing on the wiki. Worse still, you don't only need to log in with your sourceforge account, you actually need to be manually put into the list of allowed editors. So if you want to edit the wiki, you will need to visit the wiki while logged in. This will automatically create an account in the wiki. Then you will need to let us know you want to edit the wiki (best done by just posting a +1 comment into this thread) and we have to add you into the editors group. From then on you should be able to help us out improve our documentation.

We apologise for this inconvenience and hope this won't stop you contributing.

If you think this is as ridiculous as we do, please head over to https://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorrent/sourceforge/ideatorrent/idea/172/ and vote for this bug to be fixed and project admins to allow anonymous editing.

Thank you all

• Billi25
      Billi25
      2009-09-08

+1
      Thanks for the work. I'd like to contribute - please add me as an editor to the wiki. I already voted for change.  ;-)

Jürgen

• A. P. Monkey
        A. P. Monkey
        2009-09-08

Thanks for contributing, I've added you

• Jyrki Kuoppala
      Jyrki Kuoppala
      2009-09-08

• A. P. Monkey
        A. P. Monkey
        2009-09-08

Jkpj I have added you now to the list of editors.

• Petr Dlouhý
    Petr Dlouhý
    2009-10-11

I would also like to edit the Wiki.

• sk750
    sk750
    2009-10-11

Hustan, you are now in the list of editors.

• Hi,

I would like to do some corrections in the wiki, please add me to editors,

thanks!

• Xapitoun
    Xapitoun
    2010-03-21

Hello,

I would like to add some sheets e g. internationalization, please add me to editors.

Thank you!!!

• A. P. Monkey
    A. P. Monkey
    2010-03-21

you should be set as an editor, could you please try again and see if you can now update the wiki?

• driver2
    driver2
    2010-05-16

Hi,
    I would like to be able to edit something on the wiki. Additionaly, I wonder if it were possible to translate the documentation into other languages.

Greetings

• driver2
    driver2
    2010-05-21

I don't want to seem unpatient, but I'm starting to wonder if anyone read this? I'm already having some stuff to improve in the wiki.

• A. P. Monkey
    A. P. Monkey
    2010-05-21

Sorry, didn't get to it earlier. I have now added you (and a bunch of other people) to the list of editors

Thanks for helping improving the wiki

• driver2
    driver2
    2010-05-22

Thanks. Can you (or someone else with admin) add some CSS for tables to MediaWiki:Common.css?

table.wikitable {
        border-collapse: collapse;
    }
    table.wikitable th {
        background-color: #DDD;
        border: 1px solid #999;
    }
    table.wikitable td {
        background-color: #EEE;
        border: 1px solid #999;
        vertical-align: top;
        padding: 4px;
    }

• driver2
    driver2
    2010-05-22

Maybe the h3 and h4 headlines should be made a bit more prominent too. For some reason they are not bold here, which makes them harder distinguishable from normal text.

Maybe also add them to the Common.css:

h3 {
    font-weight:bold;
    }
    h4 {
    font-weight:bold;
    }

• M5st
    M5st
    2010-06-24

I want to add my style-File, please add me to the list of editors.
    A description of the style-file can be found at
    http://twoday.tuwien.ac.at/osm/stories/337793/

thank you!

• A. P. Monkey
    A. P. Monkey
    2010-06-25

I've added you

• Matija Nalis
    Matija Nalis
    2010-07-02

Could you add me to update the wiki too? tnx

• sk750
    sk750
    2010-07-02

mnalis - you can now edit the wiki

• a_henderson
    a_henderson
    2010-07-13

+1

• sk750
    sk750
    2010-07-13

@allen: you can edit

• zbycz
    zbycz
    2010-08-26

may I edit the wiki, please?

• sk750
    sk750
    2010-08-27

@Zbycz: yes

• sheepdog
    sheepdog
    2010-12-04

hi guys
    wanted to add some devices to supported devices list
    please eneble the editing for me

P.S.: Please-please put the message that people are not allowed to edit the wiki without enebling, on the front page of the wiki in red font and a meter hight letters - i trying to edit the bloody wiki for 'bout three days before i discovered that i have to be enebled by the admins.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)