I have 2 separate tracks on my 305, each with 1 lap each. Both of these are on the same day with a few minutes between them.
In the BETA version.
I exported them to TCX (I want to retain HR/CAD in a nice XML format).
Both <lap></lap> blocks include exactly the same information. The track points are different for both "laps".
I'm further confused that Babel uses <lap></lap><track></track> whereas a tcx file exported from Training Centre uses <lap><track></track></lap> So I went along and tried to import it back into TC, and it doesn't like it...
In the Stable version, it outputs the same 2 tracks(1lap each) AS 1 lap, with 2 tracks. And the lap has 0 for the distance and average HR etc.
I found this trying to show the problem to garmin with track vs deleting laps. Its not 100% babel related, but I am not sure on how the data itself is pulled from the edge (and other) units using babel. I have posted it separate