From: Christoph Eckert <ce@ch...> - 2007-02-24 23:04:41
Gebabbel is a frontend for the famous gpsbabel command line tool.
It was written using Trolltech's incredible Qt4 toolkit and
therefore runs on Linux, Mac OS X 10.4 (both Intel and PowerPC Macs) as
well as on Windows driven systems. It is not a replacement for the
existing frontends but my attempt to learn more about cross platform
hacking using Qt4.
Translators are still welcome.
I'm very pleased to announce the second release of Gebabbel. As 0.1 beta
did a good job, here comes 0.2 with some new features:
* Changed source tree structure
* Internal rewrites and bug fixes
* Improved search for the gpsbabel executable
* Statically using the -p "" option so gpsbabel does never read a config
* Improved presets, completely i18n'ed
* Split config files to user and system configuration so future updates
will preserve user presets
* Improved option editing. Selecting an entry from the combo will be
appended to the current line edit's contents and will not overwrite it
* Added options for all file and filter formats. Options are offered
dependent of the format chosen
* Added help texts for all formats and options
* Disabling the process button if processing seems senseless (input file
not found, no output specified etc.)
* Support for the realtime tracking option -T
* Disabling all checkboxes as soon as the realtime tracking option is
See the homepage for further details.
Hope you enjoy,