This special version of gpsbabel is now available precompiled for plain =
old XP/2000/98 (without cygwin) :
1. Download http://www.rational.co.za/gpsbabel-1.2.8-kml_photo.zip
2. Run it as described above e.g.
gpsbabel -t -i mapsource -f d:\photos\in.mps -o kml_photo -F =
Note : I'm not sure how filenames with spaces will work, if at all.
This is how I compiled it with cygwin :
1. Extract libexif-0.6.12
2. ./configure --prefix=3D/minexif CFLAGS=3D-mno-cygwin
4. make install
5. Go to patched gpsbabel
6. make LIBUSB=3D"-L/minexif/lib/ -Lmingw/lib" INHIBIT_USB=3D-DNO_USB
EXTRA_CFLAGS=3D"-mno-cygwin -I/minexif/include/ -Imingw/include"
7. Put gpsbabel.exe, /minexif/bin/cygexif-12.dll and mingw/libexpat.dll =
all in the zip file.
Please tell me what you think.
A small change : You can now click on a thumbnail and your webbrowser =
will show you the full photo. All the files (.zip, .patch, .kml) have =
been updated on my site.
One last comment : The software assumes your camera used the same =
timezone as your PC, and there is no way to change it.