gPDFText is a text editor that opens PDF documents for ebook readers, converts the text contents into plain ASCII text, restores the original paragraphs, and removes unwanted line breaks to allow easier zooming on the reader.
- Uses poppler-glib to read in text content from PDF
: Remove line wrapping and restore original
: Rejoin words separated by hyphens.
: Saves text as simple ASCII content.
- Simple GTK+ interface with instant-apply GConf
- Selectable editor font.
- GtkSpell support.
- Uses GtkBuilder support in latest GTK+.
- Minimal dependencies, small binary.
- gPDFText Manual via yelp.
- German and Russian translations of program
output and the gPDFText Manual.
* Future additions:
- The plan is to enable gPDFText to also save the
modified text as a new PDF file as well as saving
as a normal ASCII text file.
- Other ebook formats might be supportable, depending
on whether there is free software support for
reading the format in the first place.