Feature request - please

Dan Ost
2010-05-16
2013-04-19
  • Dan Ost
    Dan Ost
    2010-05-16

A significant help would be if you made this excellent program capable of inserting the various field data into log ins on web pages, including user defined fields / site needed fields beyond User Name & Password.  Do you think you will do this?  Likely the browser that are most popular these days, include those which I personally use:  Firefox, Opera, IE.

Many Thanks
    Dan
    danostg at gmail dot com

• Dan,

I'm glad you like my program.  I have thought about those improvements, and I've also thought about how to actually implement them.  What you're talking about is a browser plugin, so I'd have to make one for each specific browser.  The plugins themselves would be their own applications, independent from the main application, but they're just able to parse the password file and do special things with the contents.

So while I think that is a good idea, it seems to me like it's a separate application.  An application that I'd be interested in developing, but a separate project nonetheless.  I'll have to research how to write Firefox plugins, then I could make one and figure out how it should work, and then maybe recruit some people to develop ports for the other browsers, because I don't have that kind of time.

Good idea, and I'm glad you like the application.  I'm still developing new features for it and constantly improving it, so I appreciate any feedback along the way.

George

• Dan Ost
    Dan Ost
    2010-05-18

George;
    Many thanks for your thoughtful and quick feedback.  In a broad way I understand what you wrote, but I'm just a user with ideas, likely I'll never have the expertise that you have.  Nevertheless if I'm able to be of assistance with my limited abilities, I'm happy to do so and look forward to seeing more good come from your efforts and wish you the best of luck.  Best regards, Dan