Chatboard again

Help
2004-12-20
2013-03-07
  • Frode Tennebø
    Frode Tennebø
    2004-12-20

I have _just_ bought a new Chatboard (Ericsson silver metallic) from GBAx.com. When first connected I only get strange combinations of keypresses. The following sequence are the numbers 1-0: " adgjmptw+". In addition the backspace and "<" and ">" keys work.

At some point I'm able to generate a CR and from then on the above keys will also not work. And a seemingly random key generates successive CRs.

Any ideas?

• cyberic
      cyberic
      2004-12-20

Are you pressing 'SMS' before each line as stated in the docs?

If you have a supported USB-->eth adapter you can also give some  network connectivity to your GP.
      (See http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=15531\)

• Frode Tennebø
      Frode Tennebø
      2004-12-21

I am now and it works. Thanks for helping a newbee. I am interested in some network connectivity as I will try to port some stuff. However, I have found no list of compatible USB NET (are there any other?) devices. Or are all linux supported devices supported?

• Frode Tennebø
      Frode Tennebø
      2004-12-21

I am now and it works. Thanks for helping a newbee. :)

I am interested in some network connectivity as I will try to port some stuff. However, I have found no list of compatible USB NET (are there any other?) devices. Or are all linux supported devices supported?

• cyberic
        cyberic
        2004-12-21

Here is the list of supported devices:

x x[*]   USB ADMtek Pegasus-based ethernet device support (EXPERIMENTAL)x x 
        USB Realtek RTL8150-based ethernet device support USB KLSI KL5USB101-based ethernet device support USB CATC NetMate-based Ethernet device support USB Communication Class Ethernet device support USB-to-USB Networking cable device support

You can use serial as well is you have a serial cable (connected to the EXT port)  
        Some USB-->Wifi dongles are supported as well, if you are interested.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note that real network support is new, and until now we were working without it.

Please tell us updated.

Cyberic