chatboard problem

Help
Anonymous
2004-08-10
2004-09-01

• Anonymous
    2004-08-10

i have a problem with chatboard on my gp32. all works fine with propaganda version, but after i'v recompiled linux "m" key on my chatboard do not works. problem: the handle_scancode() function does not works propertly with KK_M code. what it can be? please help.

• Jerome Lefranc
      Jerome Lefranc
      2004-08-23

Sorry for the delay: I was in holidays...
      Your problem is due to a conflict between the console and the magic sysrq keys.
      # make xconfig
      in "Kernel hacking" menu, set "Magic Sysrq key" to no, and then compile your kernel.

• Anonymous
      2004-08-24

Thanx. But It does't helps. I'v got a CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y In my ./config, but without it my chatboard doesn't works at all. Also i'v tryed to echo "0" >  /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq, but after it my "m" doesn't works again. Maybe u can send to me a workable .config file and i'l check my version?

• Jerome Lefranc
      Jerome Lefranc
      2004-09-01

Sorry but I didn't succeeded to answer to your xxx.xxx.su email address.
      This is my compile result with your .config

arm-linux-ld -p -X -T arch/arm/vmlinux.lds arch/arm/kernel/head-armv.o arch/arm/kernel/init_task.o init/main.o init/version.o \         --start-group \         arch/arm/kernel/kernel.o arch/arm/mm/mm.o arch/arm/mach-s3c2400/s3c2400.o kernel/kernel.o mm/mm.o fs/fs.o ipc/ipc.o \          drivers/serial/serial.o drivers/char/char.o drivers/block/block.o drivers/misc/misc.o drivers/net/net.o drivers/media/media.o drivers/mtd/mtdlink.o drivers/video/video.o drivers/input/inputdrv.o \         net/network.o \         arch/arm/nwfpe/math-emu.o arch/arm/lib/lib.a /home/jerome/gp32linux/linux-2.4.13-gp32-complete/lib/lib.a \         --end-group \         -o vmlinux
      net/network.o: In function `sock_setsockopt':
      net/network.o(.text+0x211c): undefined reference to `tcp_set_keepalive'
      net/network.o: In function `eth_rebuild_header':
      net/network.o(.text+0xcf94): undefined reference to `arp_find'
      net/network.o(.data+0xc84): undefined reference to `ipv4_table'
      make: *** [vmlinux] Erreur 1

What is your compiler version ? You must use gcc-2.95.3 for arm.
      Kernel is not compiling with gcc-3.x.x, but I made a patch to allow compiling with it. This patch will be released in the next official version, except if you want to test it now ;-)