"Malformed HTML" on message ...

Help
sparrowt
2010-09-01
2013-04-25
  • sparrowt
    sparrowt
    2010-09-01

When you hover over the subject line in gmail messages, it now displays "Malformed HTML." rather than the contents of the message. It always used to work so any ideas why or is anyone else having this problem?
    Thanks!

• Jim Duchek
    Jim Duchek
    2010-09-01

It's that particular email.  The html widget I use is excessively demanding in the HTML being perfect (all tags closed, etc.)  I try to correct for the most common stuff.  If the email isn't private you can forward it to me @ jim.duchek@gmail.com and I'll see what's wrong and if it can be automatically corrected.

• fredcostapinto
    fredcostapinto
    2010-10-01

Did you managed to solve that? I have a weird situation: two accounts being checked by googsystray. For one of them, all mail generates this message (malformed html) for that other one, everything is fine. Go figure…

• Jim Duchek
    Jim Duchek
    2010-10-01

Hrm… it looks like it's an Apps issue.  Fixed now in SVN, use nightly builds (it'll be in the one tonight @ 3 am).  Aiming for 1.3.0 in a couple weeks.

• sparrowt
    sparrowt
    2010-10-01

No not sorted it yet, but just incase it helps… i'm not using a google apps account, just myusername@gmail.com… and also i'm only checking one account.
    Thanks for looking into this guys, and i look forward to the next release if this has fixed it jimduchek.