Menu

Ant WAR build - googlipse config broken. Fix?

Help
2007-04-14
2013-03-22
  • Jeremy Przasnyski

Hi,

I'm in the process of creating a GWT reference web application project based on this project:
    http://code.google.com/p/gwt-spring-hibernate-reference/
    ant this ant task:
    http://braindump.dk/tech/gwt-task-for-ant/

I initially started with a googlipse project & built it up using projects I've used in the past, the gwt-spring-hibernate project above, and the latest/greatest libraries.

In doing so I've broken the GWT Hosted Mode Application aspect of the project. I'm seeking to fix it, but don't fully understand where it expects things to be or how it is launching. Now I don't expect anyone to be able to solve my problem for me, but possibly the lead developer can describe the right places to look.

Here's what I've got:
    1) Ant build script that generates exploded WAR to <my tomcat root>/webapps/proto
    2) WAR includes many dependencies (logging, spring, hibernate, etc etc...)
    3) XDoclet generataed web.xml that wraps my service servlet (server-side GWT service) in with spring IoC container (for dependency injection)
    4) The WAR works when run within tomcat (including UI elements & RPC service calls)

Here's what I want:
    1) An understanding of how googlipse expects its configuration to be laid out (or how a normal WAR file structure relates to what googlipse wants)
    2) Corrected googlipse configuration so that I can debug my application in hosted mode.

Here's what I can deliver (if someone wants to help me out):
    - The full project eclipse project (if someone wants to help me fix things)
    - OR any descriptions of my setup necessary to help solve my problem.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeremy Przasnyski

• Prakash G. R.

Prakash G. R. - 2007-04-15

Googlipse is not expecting anything special for a WAR file layout. Its all based on the standard WTP stuff. Only thing it adds is the build\gwtOutput directory to the WAR. Not sure of what you are looking at