Much thanks to Anton Safonov, architect and product manager of RefactorIT (http://www.refactorit.com/) at aqris software (http://www.aqris.com/). He used his refactoring tool (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refactor for more on refactoring) to cleanup the gomoku source. He also made other enhancements, such as replacing the large, ugly buttons on the game board with smaller, nice looking ones.
I created an executable jar file for the Beta3 release.
I just finished porting Gomoku to java. I put the release in source code form only. I'll add a jar file later.
I'm currently porting my MFC gomoku game to Java. It should be done in less than two weeks.