Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Error: The RPC server is unavailable.

Help
2009-09-24
2013-04-22
  • Duncan Poole
    Duncan Poole
    2009-09-24

    The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

    Casual reading suggests this is a basic failure to reach the right server.
    Could google have changed something that is hard coded in this application?

    Thanks - it's a very useful app when it works!

     

  • Anonymous
    2010-10-21

    I just got the same message. I am wondering if it is because I tried to sync to many times in a short period.

     
  • jet11x
    jet11x
    2010-10-21

    I've been doing testing with lots of re-sync in a short period and I don't think I got that error.   Mind you, I've altered the app to be a bit more resilient to some errors.   When I'm finished I'd like to share the changes, but so far no response from project lead.

     
  • Stru.be
    Stru.be
    2010-11-03

    Hi,

    i got this when i closed/terminated outlook while Contact Sync was running.
    Workaround ist to just close Contact Sync and Outlook (see taskmanager for running instances), then restart outlook and restart contact sync.

    This worked for me.

     
  • Ian James
    Ian James
    2011-05-03

    I've just started using Go Contact - and am overwhelmed by the number of error and information messages it gives out.  In synchronising about 2400 records, I get about 4500 information messages and 450 error messages (mostly apparently spurious), so sorting out real problems is almost impossible.  Most just seem to happen because the record contains no email address (seems no-one considered the probability that mobile phone address books don't need them!)  If I ignore all the Information ones, and the "duplicate" ones (most of which are not true duplicates), I end up with around 300 messages at the end, all similar to the following:
    System.Exception: Failed to synchronize contact: Hope, Richie.
    Please check the contact, if any Email already exists on Google contacts side or if there is too much or invalid data in the notes field.
    If the problem persists, please try recreating the contact or report the error on SourceForge. --> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
    [OR…….
    If the problem persists, please try recreating the contact or report the error on SourceForge. --> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BE): The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)
    …………..]
       at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._ContactItem.get_UserProperties()
       at GoContactSyncMod.ContactPropertiesUtils.SetOutlookGoogleContactId(Syncronizer sync, ContactItem outlookContact, Contact googleContact)
       at GoContactSyncMod.Syncronizer.SaveGoogleContact(ContactMatch match)
       at GoContactSyncMod.Syncronizer.SaveContact(ContactMatch match)
       at GoContactSyncMod.Syncronizer.SaveContacts(List`1 contacts)
       -- End of inner exception stack trace --

    I have checked several of the records at random - can't find any problems with them.  This level of errors (plus the fact that the elapsed time for the synchronisation was in excess of 3 hours, makes it impractical to use.

    I'd really like this program to work.  My only alternative in the past has been to use mobile phone to PC sync (cable); and I have an HTC (Android) phone, which uses the notorious HTCsync.exe (use of which almost invariably corrupts Outlook; or duplicates all the records; or worse)