This series of patches addresses the current poor support for polar coordinates by adding features incrementally. Here is a summmary of the planned series. Not all of them are ready yet.
preliminary groundwork (will be added to CVS in advance)
- re-order internal structures so that real axes come before parametric axes
- Allow the set/unset log commands to affect only real axes
- Issue error message if polar mode does not support a requested plot style
- Treat "set rrange [rmin:rmax]" more like other axes.
- rmax establishes the limits of the plot axes, which are propagated to x and y.
- x and y limits can be separately adjusted later if desired
- Allow log scaling along the polar axis. This does _not_ set logscale on x or y.
- Echo polar coodinates while mousing
polar_scale_on_entry (not fully worked out)
- apply existing polar axis properly whenever polar mode is enabled
(otherwise you have to set polar first and adjust the axis properties later)
- implement a separate "set rtics ..." command
- treat xerrorbars as radial arcs