Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Positioning widgets

Help
2012-03-03
2013-06-03
  • Daniel Molina
    Daniel Molina
    2012-03-03

With IDL, I believe that widgets appear always at the left top corner. I was trying widgets yesterday with GDL and the one I tried was placed in the right part, below a current window that I had displayed at the right top corner. Maybe it is a bug.

BTW, there is some way of specifying the position of the widget (as a whole) around the screen. I was reading some doc but I didn't find a positive answer.

Cheers,

• Daniel Molina
    Daniel Molina
    2012-03-05

I'm definitely debugging widgets.

This reproduces a bug (CVS version of GDL and 2.8.12 of wxWidgets):

GDL> base = WIDGET_BASE()
    GDL> WIDGET_CONTROL, base, /REALIZE
    Segmentation fault

If you destroy the widget with

GDL> WIDGET_CONTROL, base, /DESTROY
    Destroy widget

Segmentation also happens.

Other error more:

base = WIDGET_BASE()
    GDL> button=WIDGET_BUTTON(base, VALUE='dasdad')

(<unknown>:23326): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_window_resize: assertion `width > 0' failed

If I repeat the command, GDL says nothing.

At any case, when doing

it doesn't show the button.

• Joel Gales
    Joel Gales
    2012-03-08

I am able to execute these widget commands successfully using gdl-0.9.1 and wxwidgets-2.8.12 however I use the GTK version: wxGTK-2.8.12.

Joel

• Alain C.
    Alain C.
    2012-03-12

I can also report successful compilation and usage on (5.x) CentOS with same wxGTK-2.8.12.

(But I have problems at compilation on Ubuntu)

Alain

• Daniel Molina
    Daniel Molina
    2012-03-20

The machine which fails for me is an Ubuntu also. The only idea I got for obtaining the wxGTK version is the following line returned of the cmake command:

WxWidgets           ON -L/home/lluvia/My_Programs/lib;-pthread;-lwx_gtk2_richtext-2.8;-lwx_gtk2_aui-2.8;-lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.8;-lwx_gtk2_qa-2.8;-lwx_gtk2_html-2.8;-lwx_gtk2_adv-2.8;-lwx_gtk2_core-2.8;-lwx_base_xml-2.8;-lwx_base_net-2.8;-lwx_base-2.8