Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Quick question about needed commands

2012-12-02
2013-06-03
  • copaceticman
    copaceticman
    2012-12-02

So I found this:
    http://gnudatalanguage.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gnudatalanguage/gdl/src/pro/UrgentNeed.txt?revision=1.8&view=markup

I was curious, was the reason that you need these commands because you can't reliably get access to the IDL version so you can make you own version, or was it because making you own copy from the IDL version would be copyright infringement?

If it is because you don't have reliable access to them, I can easily make a version for you.

If it is because it would be copyright infringement, then I can make a copy from the ground up.

I ask, because I don't want to start 'copying'* the IDL versions for you and get myself in trouble for it.

* I would be starting from the IDL base, and doing my best to improve it and make my own version. Whether or not it would be copyright infringement, I don't know. (I would see it as me taking someone else's picture and drawing over it, then giving it to you to use in your picture.)

• copaceticman
    copaceticman
    2012-12-02

Also, what commands could we add ON TOP of the IDL ones that need to be added?

• copaceticman
    copaceticman
    2012-12-02

I have sent an e-mail to the exelis team asking them basically "what is the legality of distributing modified versions of the commands found in the exelis folder."

I want to get an answer from them too, because I don't know if the development team knows the answer. Because of such I am going to the place where they do know.