successful ./configure but failing make

Ehsan
2011-09-14
2013-06-03
  • Ehsan
    Ehsan
    2011-09-14

** Hi all.
    I tried to install GDL on my Mac Lion 10.7, and started successfully like this:

./configure -with-plplot=../plplot/ -with-wxWidgets=no -with-netcdf=no -with-hdf5=no -with-hdf=no

But then the "make" gave me the following error:**

cp -fp swap_endian_inplace.pro template.pro template_blank.pro trace.pro tvscl.pro uniq.pro value_locate.pro variance.pro write_bmp.pro write_jpeg.pro write_pict.pro write_png.pro README.txt STATUS '/usr/local/share/gnudatalanguage/lib'
    g++ -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../plplot//include -I/opt/local/include/ImageMagick -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/numpy/core/include   -fopenmp  -g -O2 -MT gdl-dinterpreter.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/gdl-dinterpreter.Tpo -c -o gdl-dinterpreter.o `test -f 'dinterpreter.cpp' || echo './'`dinterpreter.cpp
    dinterpreter.cpp: In member function ‘RetCode DInterpreter::InterpreterLoop(const std::string&, std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >&, const std::string&)’:
    dinterpreter.cpp:1340: error: ‘rl_event_hook’ was not declared in this scope
    make: ***  Error 1

and make check:

Making check in src
    Making check in antlr
    make: Nothing to be done for `check'.
    Making check in pro
    Making check in dicom
    make: Nothing to be done for `check'.
    make  check-TESTS
    PASS: checks
    =============
    1 test passed
    =============
    g++ -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../plplot//include -I/opt/local/include/ImageMagick -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/numpy/core/include   -fopenmp  -g -O2 -MT gdl-dinterpreter.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/gdl-dinterpreter.Tpo -c -o gdl-dinterpreter.o `test -f 'dinterpreter.cpp' || echo './'`dinterpreter.cpp
    dinterpreter.cpp: In member function ‘RetCode DInterpreter::InterpreterLoop(const std::string&, std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >&, const std::string&)’:
    dinterpreter.cpp:1340: error: ‘rl_event_hook’ was not declared in this scope

I would appreciate if you have a suggestion to get around this errors.
    With regards.
    Ehsan.

• Hello,

Perhaps the GNU readline is missing on the system?
    (the one that comes with Fink or Macports but not the one that's included in OS X).

Sylwester

• Alain C.
    Alain C.
    2011-09-14

3 suggestions:

• do you really used the last CVS version ? You can download it on the CVS portail, here
      http://gnudatalanguage.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gnudatalanguage/?view=tar
      Please confirm that, because I remember to have had this pb but was corrected for me.

• for the first attempt, I will desable all options (-without-python here, hdf, hdf5, netcdf no).
      It is just to ensure a end-to-end test.

• you can also try the cmake way …