Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Coyote and GDL

Pierre F.
2014-03-12
2014-03-19
  • Pierre F.
    Pierre F.
    2014-03-12

Hello,

I've been using IDL for almost two years now to analyse astrophysical data for my masters. I'm a little embarrassed to find out the existence of GDL only very recently... Let's say that IDL's proprietary nature has been irksome for myself and my colleagues for some time now.

Anyway, I'm glad to have discovered this project, and that it seems alive and well, and I have it set up and running on my machine now. The only problem is that my code relies a lot on the Coyote library, and after a bit of googling it doesn't seem to be fully supported in GDL yet.

I know a lot of people other than myself would benefit from this integration, so I would like to know if it is being worked on, and if not, how can I help?

• giloo
    giloo
    2014-03-18

Hi, thanks for the positive comments.
    You are welcome to participate!
    It would be helpful to have a set of small example procedures showing one problem of CoyoteLib at a time. However, due to the complexity of coyotelib, it would be even more useful if you could trace down the problem inside the coyote library down to the GDL defect, most of the time a parameter which is not supported. Of course you are welcome to propose patches on
    https://sourceforge.net/p/gnudatalanguage/patches/

• Pierre F.
      Pierre F.
      2014-03-19

Thanks! I'll have a look through the coyotelib and see what I can find.