I'm pleased to announce the 0.1.4 version of gnoMint: a graphical Certification Authority managing tool.
This version adds some useful features to 0.1.3 version:
* It allows defining policies for each Certification Authorities in the database, so as all the new certificates signed by the CA have common properties (uses, purposes and validity time).
* It requires SQLite3, for proper UTF-8 support. Due to this change, all the pre 0.1.4 databases must be converted to a new format. A conversion script is included in the package.
gnoMint is a tool for an easy creation and management of Certification
Authorities. It allows a fancy visualization of all the pieces that
conform a CA: x509 certificates, CSRs, CRLs...
Currently, it allows the creation of CAs, CSRs and
Certificates, and export both public and private parts of them into PEM
However, gnoMint is now perfectly usable for managing a CA that emits
certificates able to:
* Authenticate people or machines in VPNs (IPSec or other protocols);
* Secure HTTP communications with SSL/TLS secured web servers;
* Authenticate and cipher HTTP communications through web-client
* Sign and/or crypt e-mails
For compiling it, its dependencies are:
* SQLite 3
* libGnuTLS 1.0.14
More information in
You can get the tarball from sourceforge mirrors:
Please send bugs, comments and/or questions to our mailing list:
David Marín Carreño <email@example.com>