first of all, thanks for this great library. Now,
I'm using this connection string with a PostgreSQL 8.0 database hosted in a
linux x86 server:
"host=xxxx dbname=xxx user=xxx password=xxx sslmode=disable"
And everything works flawlessly. However, changing the sslmode:
"host=xxxx dbname=xxx user=xxx password=xxx sslmode=enable"
results in a CONNECTION_BAD status.
I noticed this some time in the past when upgrading the database, but sadly
I can't remember the exact version I was before. By default, libpq will use
the enabled mode, so removing the sslmode will cause the same error (that's
how I noticed; I wasn't using it and after some digging I found this
Using the command line psql uses ssl without problem, it says:
conexión SSL (cifrado: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)
So I'm not very sure where lies the problem. It's not critical for me using
plain connections; I simply wanted to raise awareness about this in case
it's an unreported problem.