Error in logging in process ...

Help
2005-11-14
2013-04-25
  • Good morning,

I can log in, then the confirmation screen appears, then a lots of errors ...
    Is it only me ?

The page is at :

http://contact.timb.free.fr/gmobile

Thanks a lot in advance ...

• neerav
      neerav
      2005-11-14

Have you changed anything in gmobile_env.php or have you set session_save_path in your .htaccess file?  The error is mentioning that the directory specified in session_save_path doesn't exist. The other errors are just a result of the first error. You should either create the entire directory structure including "sessions", or use the php default by not re-defining the path.

--
      Neerav

• Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply. I am quite astonished by your answer :
      I did not even change one byte of the files I downloaded on SF.net, and directly sent them to my FAI ftp.

I really can't figure out what I should do ...

Thanks for help

• neerav
        neerav
        2005-11-15

Many people here will change various parts of open source software.  The error you were getting (and certain info in your diagnose.php) seemed to indicate that you may have customized your copy and erred in setting a path.  It's not a problem, and you may customize to your heart's desire.

Since you haven't changed anything, I apologize if I may have sounded accusatory.  It was not intended to accuse nor offend.

Back to your problem.  You will need look into the matter of the non-existant directory.  It may be incorrectly set my another .htaccess in a higher directory or by the server administrators.  The error is saying that the defined directory doesn't exist.  It's a bit difficult for a system to save info in a place that doesn't exist! ;-)

Depending upon your experience, you can try to find out where the session path is being set and why it's set to a non-existant directory.  If you are on a shared host, you will need to contact your host's customer support and show them the very first error displayed.

--
        Neerav

• Gmove
      Gmove
      2006-04-06

Hi,
      I have downloaded gmail-mobile-1.1
      Can anyone guide what should I do next?
      Is it supposed to be install into my mobile phone which is Nokia 6280
      Thanks in advance.

• neerav
        neerav
        2006-04-06

You will need to download version 1.2 and the 1.2.1 update.  gmail-mobile is a php application which means it needs to be installed on a web server/host/site which has php and then accessed with your mobile.

Please look at the --README-- file included in the package.  It contains detailed instructions on installation, troubleshooting, etc.

--
        Neerav