Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Password displayed on login screen

2006-02-06
2013-04-25
  • Hi,

I am using gmail mobile since some version now, and I like it but there is something that appears inside version 1.1 that I really don't like.
       Now in the login page your password is displayed!! Ok this maybe usefull for some persons, but I don't really like that the guy behind me in the subway can read my full password. Letter by letter or counting the clicks is a lot more complicated for him...
       I am using pin sign in but since you need to enter your password every 4 days...

It would be great if the display of the password in clear text was an option in the configuration file. And maybe an other option to specify how long the pin is active could be a good idea.

Thanks.
    Stephane

• neerav
      neerav
      2006-02-11

The change to clear text was made after consulting numerous developer style guides for mobile phones (re: difficulty in entering complicated passwords and small screens making it very difficult for bystanders to see).  Both ideas sound fine and quite simple to implement as a config option.

For now, in the index.php about line 538, change:

name="pass" type="text"

to

name="pass" type="password"

--
      Neerav

• neerav
      neerav
      2006-02-17

version 1.2 preview 12 in CVS has the option to display or hide the password without having to edit the index.php file. 

--
      Neerav