HUD on .71 beta

GLtron
2004-10-06
2012-09-15
  • Is there any way to turn the HUD off? I don't find it useful since I don't use boosters or the 2d map. Speaking of the map, I turned it off in the options, but it was still in the HUD.

-Brandon

• Must be a bug... The map should be it's own part of the HUD (i.e., the normal map with the nifty frame around it), so if you turn the map off, it should turn the whole thing off. But as Andreas said, he won't be able to fix your problems, so I guess you'll have to tough it out ;)

Andrew

• I don't have to tough anything out; I reinstalled 0.70 :)

-Brandon

• You mean... live without the beautiful HUD I made? Well, I haven't been able to really play the .71 beta, so I guess I don't really know how cool it is :/

But, seriouslyhow cool is the HUD?

Andrew

• I ran those numbers accross an asian font (msgothic) using the character map and pasted the screenshots into paint and converted the file to jpeg. It might make more sense than the numbers to some one, but that some one is not me.

http://nodnarb.hostrocket.com/gltforum.jpg

-Brandon

• Unfortunately, I don't read Japanese, or Chinese, or Swahili, or whatever that is! If the guy had written something in hebrew, maybe I could've made something out of it.

Andrew

• I think it's Chinese. Japanese is a possibility, as their characters originaly derived from Chinese.

• I'm all lost in the supermarket

• Well, first the ontopic bit...
      The HUD is rather cool looking, and it's come in handy when I use the booster.

Now, the offtopic bit...
      That's chinese IMHO... I don't recognise them from my (rather limited) japanese vocabulary.

~まりの にっく
      (~Marino Nikku)

• Brandon
        Brandon
        2004-10-26

Do you know Kanji?

• Guraunteed personality.

• hotmail-yahoo prsente GLtron

• Really cool. But I haven't seen it either!

:)

• There needs to be a HUD toggle option.

-Brandon

• 幹
      機八

• We human carbon units would like everyone present to reply to posts with actual words; our hardwired grey matter cannot desipher such numerical information.

Andrew

• Blackmarch agrees with andrew.

• How did we get so horribly off-topic?!

Andrew

• Brandon
        Brandon
        2004-10-24

We got off topic when someone posted this:

幹
        機八

• I came in here for a special offer