How can I turn off trail decals?

GLtron
kolya
2004-11-29
2012-09-15
  • kolya
    kolya
    2004-11-29

So I bought a Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440 (the best I could get for a PCI slot) and the game still is inoperable.
    It's superslow and in the UI it randomly jumps between options. I'm talking about the 070 release since the 071-beta didn't start up at all.

Completely unrelated: The site "glsetup.com" which is linked from the GLtron Homepage has been dead for several months now.

Kolya

• Andreas Umbach
    Andreas Umbach
    2004-12-03

Kolya: That sounds like you're not getting hardware acceleration at all. Here's a couple of questions:

• What OS are you running?
    • Do you have the latest drivers (let's say not older than a year) from www.nvidia.com? If yes, which driver version is that?
    • can you e-mail me stderr.txt and stdout.txt? (mail address: marvin@dataway.ch)

• Andreas

• kolya
    kolya
    2004-12-03

driver: 4.14.10.6176 (the latest from nvidia.com)

I'll send you this information and the files you asked for in a mail. Thanks for your help!

Kolya

• Andreas Umbach
    Andreas Umbach
    2004-12-05

Just so everyone knows, this issue has been resolved. If you're running win98, and have multiple graphics cards installed, disable all displays except for your primary, before you start GLtron.

Also, sometimes unplugging your joystick might help (I'm looking into fixing that too).

• Andreas