Help with music

GLtron
2006-04-03
2012-09-15
  • Ok I know you can add your own music to the game by placing the music files in the music folder in GL Tron, but how come some songs work and others wont? I know I have to change it from .mp3 to .it but some still wont work.

• What program can I use to convert from .mp3 to .it? I have wavepad and Acoustica Audio converter, but neither supports the format needed for the game.

• Andreas Umbach
        Andreas Umbach
        2006-07-14

> What program can I use to convert from .mp3 to .it? I have wavepad and Acoustica
        > Audio converter, but neither supports the format needed for the game.

Short answer: You can't. Long answer: You can't. ".it" is a special format based on a few samples (instruments) that are played at different pitches. Oh well, that was probably the worst explanation ever on that topic. Just read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracker

However, GLtron can play most mp3 files now. Ogg Vorbis works even better. Just drop yours into the music directory :-)

• actually i have had mp3 format work but sometimes it seems to bog down the game or glitch like you turn and half a sec. later your cycle turns then wal then death so i just used the files that skaven has on his page since i think pretty much all that music seems to work.

slurpy

• MP3's wont work for me, im on OS 9 mind you, and whats sakvens sight? But that doesnt really explain why i cant play all my downloaded songs.