Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Nehe's Tutorials

Using GLFW
2005-12-23
2013-03-12
  • There are loads of conversions in different languages and frameworks available for famous NeHe's Tutorials. By chance, are there any conversion using GLFW?

Ref: http://nehe.gamedev.net/

Thanks.

• The OpenGL portions of the tutorials (which is all of the tutorial, so to speak :) aren't platform specific, you know, so with some rudimentary programming skills you can easily just rip the GL bits out and put in your GLFW implementation. Some of the things use win32 specific stuff, though, like the window callback procedures and blahblah. Then again, the tutorials actually teach you OpenGL itself, not win32 specifics etc. :)

• Camilla Löwy
      Camilla Löwy
      2005-12-23

At present, no, not that I know of. There should be, though.

• John Reimer
      John Reimer
      2005-12-24

I believe I started working on a few of these for the D language. I guess I didn't get too far into it beyond the first couple tutorials. But glfw is one of the easier opengl interfaces to use. It's a shame that more examples don't use the library.

• John Reimer
      John Reimer
      2005-12-24

Okay, I found it. It was only lesson 37 that I had ported over to glfw and D. Worked great, though!

- John

• pjreddie
    pjreddie
    2013-03-12

In case anyone else comes across this post, I've started porting NeHe's tutorials to glfw, you can find details on my website and you can find the project on github.

- Joe

Last edit: pjreddie 2013-03-12