Using GLFW
Ruzgud
2014-03-01
2014-03-27
  • Ruzgud
    Ruzgud
    2014-03-01

Hello,
    I can't get working libraries in Netbeans (first time i'm using third party library).
    Specifically GLEW and GLFW. Also i want to be sure i'm doing things right.

Specifications:
    Windows 7 Pro (64bit)
    Procesor: Intel I7 3820
    GPU: GeForce GTX 660 (2GB GDDR5)

My approach step by step:
    1) Downloaded minGW-64w with manager:
    Settings: Version 4.8.1, Architecture x64, Thread posix, Exception seh and Build revision 5.
    Path of instalation: c:\minGW\minGW64

2) Downloaded binary of MSYS and extracted to:
    c:\mingw\msys

3) Added values to system path:
    some-system-path-s;c:\mingw\mingw64\bin;c:\mingw\msys\bin;

-> To this point all should be fine (C++ projects are working and compiling fine).
    -> Also Netbeans automatically sets all links in options for C/C++ compiler.

4) Downloaded source code of GLEW, then i executed "make" (just make without any parametres)
    in folder of GLEW with MSYS and moved content of folder:
    ..glew\lib to ../mingw/mingw64\lib
    ..glew\include to ../mingw/mingw64\include

5) Downloaded binary of GLFW and moved content of folder
    ..glfw\lib to ../mingw/mingw64\lib
    ..glfw\include to ../mingw/mingw64\include

6) Changed settings of project properties in Netbeans:
    Build->C++ Compiler->General->Include Directories and Headers: ../mingw64/include
    Build->Linker->General->Additional Library Directories: ../mingw/mingw64/lib
    Build->Linker->Libraries: opengl32, glew32 (libglw32.a), glfw3 (libglfw3.a)
    Everything else is default.

Then i'm trying to run code:

#include <cstdlib>
                #include <stdio.h>
                #include <stdlib.h>
                #include <GL/glew.h>
                #include <GLFW/glfw3.h>

using namespace std;
                int main(int argc, char** argv) {
                    if (!glfwInit()){
                        fprintf(stderr, "Failed to initialize GLFW\n");
                        return -1;
                    }
                    return 0;
                }

Returns this error:

"/c/mingw/msys/bin/make.exe" -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk QMAKE= SUBPROJECTS= .build-                        conf
                make.exe[1]: Entering directory    `/c/Users/Ruzgud/Documents/NetBeansProjects/LordsAndServants'
                "/c/mingw/msys/bin/make.exe"  -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk dist/Debug/MinGW-    Windows/lordsandservants.exe
                make.exe[2]: Entering directory `/c/Users/Ruzgud/Documents/NetBeansProjects/LordsAndServants'
                mkdir -p dist/Debug/MinGW-Windows
                g++     -o dist/Debug/MinGW-Windows/lordsandservants build/Debug/MinGW-Windows/main.o -    L../../../../../mingw/mingw64/lib -lglew32 -lglfw3
                ../../../../../mingw/mingw64/lib/libglfw3.a(win32_monitor.c.obj):win32_monitor.c:(.text+0x2a7): undefined reference to `__imp_CreateDCW'
                ../../../../../mingw/mingw64/lib/libglfw3.a(win32_monitor.c.obj):win32_monitor.c:(.text+0x2e9): undefined reference to `__imp_GetDeviceCaps'
                ../../../../../mingw/mingw64/lib/libglfw3.a(win32_monitor.c.obj):win32_monitor.c:(.text+0x2fb): undefined reference to `__imp_GetDeviceCaps'
                ../../../../../mingw/mingw64/lib/libglfw3.a(win32_monitor.c.obj):win32_monitor.c:(.text+0x31e): undefined reference to `__imp_DeleteDC'
                c:/mingw/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: ../../../../../mingw/mingw64/lib/libglfw3.a(win32_monitor.c.obj): bad reloc address     0x0 in section `.pdata'
                collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
                make.exe[2]: *** [dist/Debug/MinGW-Windows/lordsandservants.exe] Error 1
                make.exe[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/Ruzgud/Documents/NetBeansProjects/LordsAndServants'
                make.exe[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
                make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/Ruzgud/Documents/NetBeansProjects/LordsAndServants'
                make.exe": *** [.build-impl] Error 2

I have also found some topic, but that didn't help: link

What i have tried so far worth mentioning:
    - Linking and not linking against winmm while compiling glfw,
    - binary files of glfw for 64bit and my own compiled - neither of them worked(both throw same error),
    - different builds of minGW-w64,
    - linkin static and dynamic libraries.

If anyone know solution, then please help. I know i can just simply include source files to project, but i would like to learn how to properly use libraries. English is my second language, so please excuse my mistakes.
    Thank you for help.