2009-05-26
2013-05-15
  • Atul Maheshwari

Atul Maheshwari - 2009-05-26

java version "1.6.0_05"
    Glassbox 2.0
    Weblogic 10gR3
    Spring 2.5.5

I am trying to use Glassbox 2.0 to moniter my application.--Hibernate DAO calls /Publishing/ RMI calls
    Have read a very nice article on http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-aopwork10/#resources

there is RMI moniter available and i am planning to create a custom moniters for other stuff.

I am able to deploy glassbox war with parameter --javaagent:%GLASSBOX_LIB_DIR%\aspectjweaver.jar"

Application to be monitered is build-up in spring 2.5.5 and currently using WebLogicLoadTimeWeaver (as DefaultContextLoadTimeWeaver) to weave it.

I am getting error if i am using aspectjweaver.jar with build on 6/21/2008 provided with glassbox.war while deploying my application.

org.aspectj.weaver.BCException: Unable to continue, this version of AspectJ supports classes built with weaver version 3.0 but the class org.springframework.beans.factory
    .aspectj.AnnotationBeanConfigurerAspect is version 5.0

And if i am using javaagent -- with version 1.6.2 i.e. ---aspectjweaver-1.6.2.jar I am not able to deploy glassbox.jar.

glassbox 2.0 supports AspectJ version --1.6.2???

• Ron Bodkin

Ron Bodkin - 2009-05-26

Can you give me any more of the error message you are seeing? Using the newer aspectjweaver.jar sounds like the right direction - we should be able to get Glassbox to work with it.

Ron

• Atul Maheshwari

Atul Maheshwari - 2009-05-28

Thanks for the reply Ron.

The issue It is giving error as when my Weblogic JVM is running with javaagent as aspectjweaver.jar .
      as it is confirgured for weblogicweaver or spring-agent weaver only.

Can i run glassbox without specifying the Javaagent (i have tried with updating the lib folder of aspectjweaver but it is not working).

It is throwing me --

Application Server Startup Required Parameter -javaagent Error

the -javaagent parameter was not set

Troubleshooting your installation....
      Did you setup Glassbox on your Application Server? (Tomcat, WebSphere, etc)
      Did you restart your application server?
      Check the script used to launch your application server to verify the -javaagent parameter is present and set to a valid aspectjweaver.jar file
      Check on the Glassbox Forums
      Contact Glassbox Support

Any thoughts will be of great help.

Atul

• Ron Bodkin

Ron Bodkin - 2009-05-28

What happens if you run with -Dglassbox.force.no.install=true 

That should bypass the installation check and let you detect if it works with the revised weaver.

Why does the weaver need to be called with weblogicweaver or spring-agent weaver? Can you rename them to aspectjweaver instead? The -D option should work around the Glassbox installation check, I'm just curious why this is happening.

Ron

• Atul Maheshwari

Atul Maheshwari - 2009-06-02

Thanks for the reply Ron.

My Application is now working with AspectJweaver 1.6.2 as well but I couldn't able to run glassbox with aspectjweaver 1.6.2.
      I have updated lib folder and glassboxinstall.txt with AspectJweaver 1.6.2 jar.

I have tried with -Dglassbox.force.no.install=true option as well but glassbox install is failing with error --

Application Server Startup Required Parameter -javaagent Error
      the -javaagent parameter was not set
      Troubleshooting your installation.... 
      Did you setup Glassbox on your Application Server? (Tomcat, WebSphere, etc) 
      Did you restart your application server? 
      Check the script used to launch your application server to verify the -javaagent parameter is present and set to a valid aspectjweaver.jar file 
      Check on the Glassbox Forums 
      Contact Glassbox Support 

on http://localhost:8080/glassbox2/VerifyInstall.form webpage.

any pointers in configuring glassbox with AspectJweaver6.2 will be of gr8 help.Thx Atul.

server Logs--

Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.ui.context.support.UiApplicationContextUtils initThemeSource
      INFO: Unable to locate ThemeSource with name 'themeSource': using default [org.springframework.ui.context.support.DelegatingThemeSource@e946c0]
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
      INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans []; parent: org.springf
      actory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [configuration,org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer,myDataSourc
      onfigurationDAO,connectionDAO,mailDAO,backupDaemon,persistChanges,scheduledTask,timerFactory,glassboxService,mailSender,agentManager,operationHelper,updat
      Helper,connectionHelper,mailHelper,compoundResourceLoader,velocityEngine,refreshableVelocityLoader,velocityConfig,viewResolver,clientController,operationH
      erationBodyController,operationDetailController,connectionController,operationReportAllController,installerController,verifyController,urlMapping,glassbox
      n.WebClientPluginHandlerConfigurer]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy]
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet initWebApplicationContext
      INFO: Using context class [org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext] for servlet 'springapp'
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet initMultipartResolver
      INFO: Unable to locate MultipartResolver with name 'multipartResolver': no multipart request handling provided
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet initLocaleResolver
      INFO: Unable to locate LocaleResolver with name 'localeResolver': using default [org.springframework.web.servlet.i18n.AcceptHeaderLocaleResolver@1dd2b72]
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet initThemeResolver
      INFO: Unable to locate ThemeResolver with name 'themeResolver': using default [org.springframework.web.servlet.theme.FixedThemeResolver@fff0e9]
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet initHandlerAdapters
      INFO: No HandlerAdapters found in servlet 'springapp': using default
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet initRequestToViewNameTranslator
      INFO: Unable to locate RequestToViewNameTranslator with name 'viewNameTranslator': using default [org.springframework.web.servlet.view.DefaultRequestToVie
      ff4b63]
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet initServletBean
      INFO: FrameworkServlet 'springapp': initialization completed in 93 ms
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean init
      INFO: Servlet 'springapp' configured successfully
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM glassbox.installer.web.controller.VerifyController handleRequest
      SEVERE: Verify Controller install status: 3The aspectjWeaver agent jar file was not specified in the parameter list
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext refresh
      INFO: 24 beans defined in application context [org.springframework.web.context.support.GenericWebApplicationContext;hashCode=139693]
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext initMessageSource
      INFO: Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using default [org.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource@13fcf9d]
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext initApplicationEventMulticaster
      INFO: Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name 'applicationEventMulticaster': using default [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplica
      ster@578681]
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.ui.context.support.UiApplicationContextUtils initThemeSource
      INFO: Unable to locate ThemeSource with name 'themeSource': using default [org.springframework.ui.context.support.DelegatingThemeSource@3f8995]
      Jun 2, 2009 4:42:17 PM org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
      INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in factory [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [agent_missing,details,
      client,install3,connection_panel,reportAll,resetDetails,menuBar,startup_param_missing,install2,unknown_error,install_success,exe_install,install1,bootclas
      ssing,operation_table_body,operation_table_head,configureInstaller,connection_failed,monitor_missing,jboss400_install,javaagent_missing,installerResults];
      ingframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [configuration,org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderCo
      ource,jdbcTemplate,configurationDAO,connectionDAO,mailDAO,backupDaemon,persistChanges,scheduledTask,timerFactory,glassboxService,mailSender,agentManager,o
      pdateResponse,columnHelper,connectionHelper,mailHelper,compoundResourceLoader,velocityEngine,refreshableVelocityLoader,velocityConfig,viewResolver,clientC
      ionHeadController,operationBodyController,operationDetailController,connectionController,operationReportAllController,installerController,verifyController
      sbox.client.extension.WebClientPluginHandlerConfigurer]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy]
      [JspClassLoader@1369f0] warning ignoring duplicate definition: jar:file:/C:/bea/user_projects/domains/dt_domain/lib/glassboxMonitor.jar!/META-INF/aop.xml

• Ron Bodkin

Ron Bodkin - 2009-06-02

What happens if you just hit the main page and ignore the verification page? E.g., go to http://localhost:8080/glassbox2.

• Atul Maheshwari

Atul Maheshwari - 2009-06-08

i can see the  glassbox GUI on http://localhost:8080/glassbox2.

Thanks,

But my application is breaking after glassbox installation..I will try to fix it soon.(some conflicts with spring aop and aspectj)

Atul.