Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

java options for my application configuration

Help
2010-06-23
2013-05-15
  • K Sanmukh Rao
    K Sanmukh Rao
    2010-06-23

hi,

I have an application say APP which has jetty embedded to it. But it doesnt have an option to deploy web archives.

so I put the aspectjweaver.jar and glassboxMonitor.jar file in the lib folder of the application and created a glassbox folder in the lib folder.

But to monitor the application, I somehow need to deploy the glassbox.war archive. So what I did was that I installed glassbox on a different jetty server which has its own webapps folder.

Now I plan to start this jetty server with options such that the glassbox agent would get connected to the glassbox monitor of my application "APP". Assuming I have the following variables set
    JETTY_GLASSBOX_BIN = the folder where jetty is installed.
    JETTY_GLASSBOX_LIB= the lib folder of jetty, which consists of the folder glassbox and jar archives glassMonitor.jar and aspectjweaver.jar.
    JETTY_GLASSBOX_HOME= the folder glassbox within the lib folder which contains the files like glassbox.properties etc.
    APP_GLASSBOX_BIN = the folder where app is installed.
    APP_GLASSBOX_LIB= the lib folder of app, which consists of the folder glassbox and jar archives glassMonitor.jar and aspectjweaver.jar.
    APP_GLASSBOX_HOME= the folder glassbox within the lib folder which contains the files like glassbox.properties etc.

so what java options should be specified to jetty and app so that I could get my thing done?